Sunday, February 13, 2011

Toaster Fiasco

I came home this evening to find Nala, my cat, on the kitchen counter, cookbooks knocked over, toaster scooted away from the wall. She was batting at the toaster. She's a curious little thing, always getting into things so I shooed her, but she would not move! She kept sticking her paw in the toaster. I reluctantly looked in there... nothing. I then proceeded to start loading the dishwasher. I looked over at the cookbooks and noticed mouse poop! 

Jacob then walked in the door. "Jacob! Do you think this is mouse poop?" I asked. "Oh yeah, I think there's a mouse in the house." What!? And you didnt bother to tell me OR get a trap!!??

He looks into the toaster and proclaims there's poop INSIDE the toaster. He shakes it around a little and walks away. I keep loading the dishwasher while he's opening cupboards and trying to get the cat to go in them.  All of the sudden the mouse JUMPS OUT of the toaster!!!! And Nala snags it! I'm screaming, Duke's running around and Nala takes off to our bedroom with the mouse in tow. Jacob chased her around and we finally got her outside! She's been playing with it forever out there... she'd better kill it!!

Oh, by the way, I threw the toaster AWAY. So disgusting. I wonder how long that thing lived in there.

No comments: