Monday, February 21, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust

Well this weekend the dreaded "Aunt Flo" came to visit. I really don't like her. She ruins plans, makes me sick, makes me ANGRY, sad, and hungry. Haha! 

Now mind you, I used to NEVER have PMS symptoms. When I was in High School I had cramps so bad I would pass out and throw up, but I never had food cravings, was never emotional, and never was angry at the drop of a hat.  Yeah... all that changed since starting to create a human being.  

I think it's a mixture of emotions and drugs. (Fertility drugs that is! Don't get crazy now) I can tell when it's coming on-- that's the only time when I want a Vanilla Coke and McDonald's. :o) 

When Aunt Flo pays a visit my heart sinks, I might cry, I might scream... it varies from month to month. Some months I can deal better with it than others and I never know what emotion will come out!

This month I was bummed. My heart did sink. I think I've mentioned before that I allow myself one day of wallowing in my misery. I did that. I stayed mostly to myself that day, along with my pup Duke to just relax.  Duke is my baby. I really dont know what I would do without him in my life-- I think i'll do a post just on Duke later on. :o)

Anyway, I bring Duke up because I was in the kitchen doing dishes, listening to music, when the song Another One Bites The Dust came on. I dont know why it made me feel better, but I stopped what I was doing and looked at Duke, who was looking at me knowingly, a little bit of sadness in his eyes, and then he wagged his little nub of a tail.  I took his arms and we danced around the kitchen singing:

"Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust"

Have you ever watched Marley and Me? 
There's that scene when Owen Wilson pulls into his driveway and sees Jennifer Aniston dancing with Marley in the window. It's such a picture of me and Duke. I know dogs relationships with their masters change when you have kids, but Duke will always be my {fur baby} and have a special, special, place in my heart!

Back to the subject. So today is Cycle Day 3 of this cycle.  That means its time to start the drugs.    This is also month 5. And i'm starting a new drug. I started out on Clomid. 50 mg, then 100 mg, then 150 mg, and finally 200 mg.  Didnt work so well on me. But it's the cheapest fertility drugs- maxing out around $50.  This new drug i'm on- Femara is a different story! I'm kind of scared to take it, but I also trust my Dr. so i'm moving forward.  It's a pretty serious drug. I made the mistake of taking Jacob to the pharmacy with me, I usually dont want him to worry about the cost of the drugs, and I did tell him early in the week that if we had to try a different drug that the price would jump way up. But he almost had a heart attack when he saw the receipt. $172 for 5 days of pills. And they're tiny tiny little things too! Yikes. I hope this works the first time around!


Next Saturday I'll have an ultrasound to see how this new drug worked in follicle producing!   
     
  Pray for 4-6 follies!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

i LOVE how you captured that moment with Duke, it reminded me of several i've shared with Honey. i'm sure we could fill a whole blog with story after story of how, on separate occasions, our puppies have rescued us in one way or another :)