Thursday, February 3, 2011

Awkward Encounters




Here's us at the Dr.'s Office today! 
All went well. 
Although I'm currently lying on the couch because I can't stand up straight to walk just quite yet. 

Anyhow, we are now in the  "Two Week Wait"
It's always the toughest part of the month with emotions raging all over the place and seems to take FOREVER.


I thought I'd share with you some of the awkward encounters we've had at the Dr's. Office:

  1.  I wasnt prepared for the Post Coital test when Dr. Ortolano called and said, "We need to do that test today. Can you be here in 45 minutes?" Umm... yeah I only have a house full of my husbands friends. So I went out into the living room and said, "Well boys, you gotta leave. Jacob and I've got some business to do." Haha. They shot out of the house so fast.
  2. Jacob's very first time meeting Dr. Ortolano, during the post coital test, Dr. O makes some remark about something being too big...and Jacob says "that's what she said" while i'm lying on the table, spread eagle. His first attempt at making Dr.O laugh. Didnt work. 
  3. Jacob's second attempt at making Dr. O laugh: Dr.O "You had a good sperm sample today." Jacob: "Yeah i'm getting used to doing this in a cup." Dr. O laughs. "Let's NOT get used to that."
  4. Nurse to Jacob "Are you going to be coming tomorrow" Jacob: "I was planning on it." (use your imagination with this one) No laugh from the nurse.
  5. Dr. O consistently telling me, "Oh I like your socks today." Ya. You're not really looking at my socks buddy.
  6. Dr. O asking me if I wanted him to just "punch it in" rather than going slow. He said, "I had a lady tell me to do that. She thought it would help her odds of getting pregnant but I wouldnt recommend that. That would hurt." Haha! Punch it in doc.


2 comments:

J Weezy23 said...

Well played, Jacob...well played!

Lindsay said...

These are hilarious!! :) Love you both ... and the picture is super CUTE!!