Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

We're back!

We had an amazing two weeks in Turkey and Greece but are oh so happy to be back on American soil and back to our pup and kitty! (Ok so we're a little sad that we won't be having breakfast in bed everyday and our own butler at our beckon call, or the amazing Greek food!)

Our flight's going to Turkey were great. The overnight flight was great since it was dark, everyone was quiet, sleeping or watching movies and there was no turbulence.  On the way home however it was daylight the entire time, our flight to Paris from Athens was so turbulent I actually was scared to death. I have to admit I did cry a little. I've never done that on a flight before!! Maybe it was because the pilots and the flight attendants were Italian and everyone was speaking French or Greek. I swear the pilots thought they were flying a spaceship. We were an hour late off the ground so we were late to Paris and had to SPRINT through the most confusing airport, through customs, and barely made it on our flight. We were sweating so bad! The runways were so busy there that we were late getting into Salt Lake too (after the 11 hour flight). Again, we had to go through customs there and re-check our bags so we ended up sprinting again to make our flight. We arrived just in time for final boarding. Unfortunately our bags didn't make it so we wound up at home with no bags, which had our car keys, so we had to wait for my brother to find our spare key and drive up to give it to us! Such a long day! We crashed when we got home at 6:00 pm!
I must say this about Delta international flights though~ they know how to keep you happy! We had movies, tv, 2 full meals (dinner and breakfast), snacks (sandwiches one time and pizza and ice cream another!) pillows and blankets. I was very surprised at the good service!

I'm still uploading pictures and have lots of stories to tell, so when I get them all sorted out I will do a more elaborate posting!

Parthenon in Athens, Greece

Athens, Greece

1 comment:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Sounds like a great trip (besides the trip home)! I love Delta too - we fly on them when we went to Rome last year! I was so full by the time we got there and I love all the free movies!