Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm a Smurf?!?!

Hi. You can call me Smurfette.

Why you ask?

Oh just because my foot is blue.

Yep. My foot turned blue today.

I've been having issues with my legs for the past week or so. Tingling, numbness and such.  I got into my chiropractor today who upon entering the room noticed my foot right off the bat. She goes, "Umm... what's going on with your foot, it's blue?"  I looked down and was like, "oh crap! Yep. I was just about to tell you I was having issues with my legs...." So, we dont have an answer yet. I go back tomorrow to get some other tests done. It may have something to do with endometriosis or the surgery I recently had. Could be the meds I've been taking, I have no idea.

What I do know is that I am NOT happy with my current fertility doctor.  4 months of Lupron--side effects and bleeding the whole time-- with me complaining monthly that I dont think it's working. Do you think I can see my doctor? Nope. The nurses tell me they'll ask him what to do and they report back to me.  They don't seem to be concerned in the slightest that I'm an emotional wreck, I'm in pain all the time, I've been bleeding for 4 months, tired all the time, I have muscle and joint pain, headaches, etc. Last week I asked for an ultrasound and bloodwork because I fear Im becoming anemic from losing a lot of blood. Nope. Not gonna do that. Against my better judgement I took the 4th shot of Lupron.  I think it's messing my body up but what do you do when you have a doctor telling you that you need it for 6 months? Frustrating!

So now, here I am, freaking out. My body is a mess and my foot is blue. Ok so at this current moment its not- when I lay down it seems to turn to normal color. It's when I'm sitting for awhile that it turns blue. Nonetheless... it's BLUE!!! Tomorrow it's back to get more tests, get results from blood tests hopefully (we'll see if i'm anemic), and start looking for a new fertility doctor for a second opinion.
*Sigh* When will it all end?!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

After I had my TBI, everything that 'goes wrong' with me only happens on one side of the body. My neurologists at UW say that sometimes if your body has gone through something traumatic, your brain will start to favor one side more than the other- hence everything happening on one side.

In regards to your doctor, have you emailed him? If you can't get ahold of him, you should schedule a regular apt with your PCP, and have her/him contact your doctor- also they can schedule just an ultrasound/blood draw for your concerns. Also, if your doctor is associated with Kadlec {or really any hospital} you are covered by the hospitals 'patient rights' which usually specify that a doctor has to get back in touch with you within 48 hrs, and you are entitled to any tests you want {as long as you can pay for it, and YOU believe there is medical warrant behind it}. Doctors are annoying- but remember YOU are in control of the apt, your body, and the doctor. HE works for you- not the other way around. You have to stand up for what you want, as you are the only one that knows how your body feels- and most of the time intuitons are right.If you don't stand up for yourself and force them to do their JOB, than no one else will. That is what I have to continue to tell myself at my apts (i go every 9 weeks, so i tell myself that a lot :P )

I had a similar experience with a prior cardiologist, and so I called them every morning and everyother afternoon till I got what I wanted to hear. It took 4 days for them to get the idea that they needed to get their act together. From then on their always answered my questions right away. You could also ask for the head nurse on duty, and only talk to her/him.

Hang in there! It'll get better. Doctors are frustrating. I can honestly tell you though- I hated my doctors associated with Kadlec, and in the tricities in general. Mine had no customer service- not okay with me. I switched everything a couple years ago to UW and I have not had one SINGLE problem or complaint. Customer service in a priority of theirs, like Nordstroms! Ha! Good luck though Tiffany. The medical field is tough to navigate- I'm praying for you! :)

Sarah Stauffer

Tiffany said...

Thanks Sarah! You're right... doctors ARE frustrating at times! And unfortunately I have not had good luck with them in the past 3 years. :o( Hoping that a new clinic, and a new city the 3rd time around will be the winning fit!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Listen to your gut and find a new doctor. You need one that will listen to your concerns. You know your body and they need to understand that!

Anonymous said...

Could it be a blood clot in the leg? That's a common side effect from many fertility drugs and is very serious. You should contact your doctor! Good luck.