Sunday, August 21, 2011

Update

Ok so last week was a little dramatic. Leg issues, blue foot, doctor appointments, emotional breakdowns... we're better now. :o)

After my appointment with Dr. O I feel better about moving forward there.  I still have issues with a few things at his office-- namely the nurses giving the correct information and getting back to me timely, AND the LLLOOONNNGGG wait to see him. I mean seriously who has time to wait around 2-4 hours for a doctor appointment? Ridiculous. 

BUT, when he actually gets in the room with you he gets things done. He makes me feel comfortable. Which I need.  So we talked about the issues I've been having and he said he didn't have a problem taking me off the medicine and shots.  YIPPEE!! So after this last shot gets out of my system in a couple weeks I will have no more! I'm so happy about that. That stuff is making my body do crazy things and pretty much shut down. It's no fun to feel sick and tired and sluggish, especially in the middle of the hot summer.  He also referred me to get a vascular scan of my legs, which I got Friday morning.  I don't know the results of those yet, but the technician said not to be worried over the weekend (she can't tell me anything legally) and to take it as a good sign they were letting me go. My legs do actually feel better and I haven't noticed any blue in my foot. Maybe it was just a random fluke? Who knows!

I also had an ultrasound to check for lesions/cysts/etc and it all looked good except for fluid in the uterus. So net week I will have a Sono-hysterogram done next week to take a closer look. THEN, the following Monday I will get my tubes checked again with an  HSG test.  This is the one I'm not looking forward to. But, it had to be done anyways whether or not I continued the shots for another two months. I just have to do it earlier now.  Which also means, that if everything looks good then we're going to go ahead and start the fertility meds again! Exciting!

So, after much deliberation between my husband and I we have decided to stay with Dr.O for now and continue on with our plan. Despite the issues I've had, we've been with him for almost a year and we want to carry out the plan we had in place.  Deviating from that could be more work and heartache than we began with.  I feel good about our decision. And we'll just have to deal with the inconveniences of his office and really demand things when we need them.

I'll update again after my next ultrasound!

1 comment:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What a crazy sounding week for you. I'm glad you had a talk with your doctor. Letting them know where they stand is always a good thing!