Tuesday, August 23, 2011

SSG Test Results

So today I had my SSG Ultrasound test.  In my last post I said it was the HSG test, but that one is on Monday. This was done because I had been bleeding so much during the last 4 months. It made sure that there were no adhesion's/cysts/other problems going on in there. Luckily, the test showed that everything looked good. Yay! So that means another surgery isn't needed (so far). I've got one more test left next week to check the tubes! CANNOT wait for them all to be done.

Here's the crappy part of the day: the ultrasound HURT LIKE HE**! I didn't take my husband because "ultrasound" didn't sound like anything that would be painful. I've had a million ultrasounds.  But, when I walked into the room and saw the little metal table filled with instruments and a bottle of fluid I started sweating. Then, Dr.O walks in and puts his hand on my leg and says "Don't be nervous. How are you doing?" I'm like, "Why should I be nervous!" So then he tells me that nothing he's going to do is going to be comfortable. Great! Sucky! I'm glad he told me so I could brace myself for the pain. He's actually a great doctor when you're in pain- constantly reminding you to breathe and making sure you're ok. That I DO appreciate about him. And he always tells me I'm a rocks tar after a difficult procedure.

I'll spare you all the full details of what exactly happens, but in a nutshell a catheter is placed inside the uterus, saline solution fluid is injected, and then they take a look with the ultrasound. I know it doesn't sound that painful, but let me tell you, the catheter hurts like crap, and when he counts down to 3 and injects the fluid, man oh man-- instant rush of pain like someone is literally taking your uterus out of you. Lol. It's a good thing the nurse came in to hold my hand and help me breathe through it!

Poor Jacob felt really bad he couldn't come up with me so when I called him crying afterwords he came up to pick me up.  It always takes about an hour for the bad cramping to go away. In fact, I'm still a little sore and not walking straight yet.  But it's similar to the IUI's I've had so it's nothing I can't handle! Such a good husband to drive all the way up there to bring me home. And thanks to Stephen too for coming along to drive my car home. :o)


1 comment:

Nithya said...

Oh Tiffany thank you so much for sharing this. I had my SSG ultrasound a couple of days ago. It was done under mild anasthesia, but the cramps are so bad i still can't walk straight. I was wondering all this while what did they do to me to make me suffer this pain. Now your post gives me a wee bit of insight. Thanks a ton once again