Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Is Gonna Make You Stronger

I've heard this song many times this week! I kept meaning to share it and thought today would be the perfect day to do it~ I think the Lord knows when the right timing is. Well, I don't "think" that He does, of COURSE he knows the right time. You all know what I mean.




Things don't always go the way we want them to go. That's just life.  There are times when we all feel like there's a cloud right above our heads and no one else's and we wonder when things will get better. Haven't you all felt that way? And I'm not just talking about infertility here. Life comes at you in MANY different ways. It can throw a lot of curve balls.

I love the part in the song where it says "the pain aint gonna last forever, things can only get better, this is gonna make you stronger."

Every trial I have endured HAS indeed made me stronger. The past few months I have watched friends and loved ones endure trials. I know it will make them stronger, even though it's hard in the meantime.

And it will make you stronger too my friends.

I read this in a book today:

" Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into a bottle; are they not in they book? Psalm 56:8

This verse paints a word picture that is both hard to believe and awe-inspiring at the same time.  Like a woman who saves a rare perfume in a bottle, God stores our tears in His bottle and records them in His book. The divine Keeper chronicles every twist and turn we take down the path of life. When David wrote this psalm, he was running for his life from King Saul's men. His cry to the Lord did not fall on deaf ears; his tears were not wasted. Neither are ours. Though we may not be in mortal danger, it's a comfort to know that God notes our every teardrop, just as He sees when one tiny sparrow falls from a tree.

God is a friend to the sorrowful and calls us blessed when we mourn, for we will in due time be comforted. And with the comfort we receive, we are equipped to soothe others when sorrow strikes them.

I hope and pray that the sorrows I've endured in life, and the comfort I've received will help others when sorrow strikes them.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

LOVE that song and LOVE this post...and the timing :) Just another way i've been blessed by your friendship. Love you girl!

Lindsay said...

Your blog looks amazing ... and so are you sweet girl! Sending you love and encouragement ... I think we should go golfing when I get home :)

Tiffany said...

Thanks Linds! Yes! We should go golfing!