Friday, July 8, 2011

Peach Cobbler Made Easy!





Jacob, my dad, and my brother all love peach cobbler.  Jacob loves any kind of fruity dessert. I'm not a huge fan of the fruity desserts, I generally stick to chocolate! However, I do really like this peach cobbler recipe. It's delicious and super easy!

  




I have made this cobbler numerous times this summer already, but I never remember to take pictures during the process. I dont think you'll have any trouble making it without pictures.
All you need is a yellow cake mix, a jar (or 2) of peaches, a stick of butter, cinnamon and nutmeg spices.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a 13x5 inch pan spread a thin layer of yellow cake mix on bottom of pan. Pour jar of peaches in, including the juice.  (I don't like my cobbler too sweet so I only use one jar. Jacob likes a lot of fruit and sweet in his so he always asks for more peaches) Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Add more cake mix to top. (you don't have to use the whole box).  Pour melted butter on top. Add more spice if desired.
Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbling.

The topping makes this cobbler in my opinion. But you certainly could just serve with ice cream.

Maple Syrup Topping

1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons corn syrup
5 tablespoons pure maple syrup

Pour in a large saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly until mix is reduced by half and thickened.  I have a hard time getting the sauce to thicken, but it usually works well after its cold. 
Refrigerate. 
Serve cold over cobbler.

EAT & ENJOY!









No comments: