Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Where Have I Been?!

I have been M.I.A. for a few weeks! I plan on getting my blogging back on track soon though. The holidays are in full force and things have been super busy around here.

Anyway, back to where I've been hiding. Well.... I have been hiding on my couch. And in my bed. The first of November I started feeling a little sick. Then by the week before Thanksgiving.  I thought I had the flu. I was sleeping all the time, I was nauseous, I could barely eat.  Thanksgiving week I was supposed to take a pregnancy test so I could start the medicine to kick my periods back into cycle so we could start trying again.  I felt so weird I decided to take one the Thursday before Thanksgiving.  And guess what?


















SURPRISE!!!! I'm PREGNANT!!!

Within seconds that second line appeared... and shock set in. Of course after having SO many BFN (Big Fat Negatives) and after a miscarriage, it takes awhile to set in. Oh, and there's that little fact that my periods had NEVER returned. We were on NO medicine. No IUI's. No NOTHING! How is that even possible I thought?

Jacob was out of town so I immediately called my doctor and asked them what I should do. They sent me in for blood work and a progesterone check.  I had to wait until the next morning for them to get the results and call me back. The nurse called and said your levels are great! Come see us in two weeks! Holy Freaking Crap. I told Jacob when he got home and he was sooo excited. He of course said, "I knew it! I knew you were! You never sleep that much!" :o)

The next two weeks were torturous. Along with the elation of being pregnant looms the threat of miscarrying again. The thought of "what if's." I was an emotional basket case.  I cried in Denny's one morning after church telling Jacob I thought that there was nothing in here! (my belly). He rolled his eyes and said "Want to know how I know your pregnant? Because your crying in Denny's right now."
Haha!

December 2nd we had our first doctor's appointment and ultrasound.  I was so nervous, but our little guy popped up on the screen right away and we could see the heartbeat, hear the heartbeat, even see his little limbs moving around! I was measuring at 8 weeks 2 days then!!!

Today I am 9 weeks pregnant. :o)

We did have a scare Sunday with bleeding and went in for an ultrasound to check on things but baby looked ok.  I'm trying to take it easy as much as possible right now, although it's been challenging with all the stuff at work and home with Christmas parties and guests and decorating.

So {prayers} for a continued healthy and growing baby would be MUCH appreciated!

And thank you to everyone out there who has been following our blog, rooting for us, and praying for us. This little baby is a TRUE miracle from God.  It's perfect timing. We are so very blessed.

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE you and am cheering/praying you through this!! :) GOD is so good!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Tiffany!! Take it easy and TRY to just relax and enjoy this time. Will keep you in our prayers!!

Kirsten said...

Cheering and praying for you as well!!

Candice said...

I am absolutely elated at the news! I have been thinking of you two often and hope, hope, HOPING that this dream of yours would take shape. Best of luck for an easy breezy pregnancy and hope to see you down the street when I'm home for xmas. So happy to hear :)

Aunt Elaine said...

God is sooooo good! I love that you were not on any medications. He is so good Just think at the familly reunion he/she will be 2 months old! I am so happy. Love you both! Aunt Elaine

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Wow - How exciting! Take it easy and enjoy every second!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is the coolest grandma! I saw her @ MACYS. We talked. Then she whips out of her purse, the ultrasound picture of her newest grandchild...Baby Neighbors. Gotta love her!

Anonymous said...

Ok...I'm new at this blogging thing. Didn't know I needed to leave my name...I'm the 'Anonymous said...' person - Dawn Bissinger

Jamie said...

Hey Tiffany! My name is Jamie and I'm Joe Young's sister. I've been following your blog for a while, as I struggled with IF myself. My mom and I were sitting on the couch and I was going through my reader. We are SO happy to hear of your pregnancy and will be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany, I was just googling something and came across your blog. I'm praying that you have a healthy baby and I'll pray that you're blessed with a little girl someday soon to go with the boy u're preggers with now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, i shd probably add...don't ever eat pineapples in any shape or form when pregnant. They cause uterine contractions which could cause miscarriage. Congratualtions again :)

Carlia said...

WOW!!! what a wonderful surprise! congratulations on your little miracle! i am so excited for you! i hope you have a healthy, happy nine months. hugs!

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much everyone! I have some of the greatest friends and blog followers!