Tuesday, January 3, 2012

13 Weeks!

Only 1 week away until I move into the 2nd Trimester!!! Yay!!!
I feel so blessed and thankful right now. 
Last week we had a doctors appointment and got to hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler. It was a fast appointment- weight, blood pressure, heartbeat. But fast means everything's going good I guess!


How Far Long? 13 Weeks

Size of Baby? 3 inches- about the size of a peach or a medium shrimp. haha!

Total Weight Gain? 1 lb

Maternity Clothes? Still don't need them quite yet. There are a couple pair of pants that are starting to get uncomfortable when sitting or leaning forward though.

Sleep? Sleeping like a rock at night now- minus the getting up to pee. Still taking naps!

Best Moment This Week? Last Thursday we heard the heartbeat on the doppler! 155 bpm!

Food Cravings? Oranges still. Sour patch kids. Yogurt and fruit.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting that second trimester energy boost!

Weekly Wisdom:  Be thankful at all times. I dont ever want to be one of those pregnant women (or women in general) who complains all the time about how horrible she looks or feels or this and that, when I am blessed beyond measure!

Milestones: One more week until I've made it to the 2nd Trimester! Baby's fingertips have now formed! And here's a crazy fact-- if its a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Crazy!


Emotions: Mood swings. Cranky one minute, fine the next. Cry more easily and definitely get mad easier! (Poor Jacob)

Symptoms: Tired, every now and then upset stomach, my system seems to be working "too fast" if you know what I mean. (Most of the books tell you that you'll experience the opposite effect!) Sorry TMI! haha!

 12 Weeks
 13 Weeks

13 Weeks- Front View
You can definitely see my belly pooch out more from the front! Hence my face. haha!


One other thing I forgot to mention... I finally broke down and took out my belly button ring. :o( I was so sad about it. I've had it for 10 years, but I guess it was time. It was a good run!

2 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What a cute belly!!!!

Jonny and Brittany said...

So fun to see the belly grow over time! I was awful in the beginning taking pictures- totally worth it though :) Congrats on the second trimester!!!