Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rest & Rejuvination

 And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
(Exodus 33:14)

 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. {29} "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. {30} "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(Matthew 11:28-30)

We just got back from a week long vacation in Boca Raton, Florida and Fairhope, Alabama. Both places were heavenly. Both a source of much needed rest, rejuvenation, and stress relief! Coming off of surgery and the start of lupron shots/hormones (that didnt go so well the first month!), we were stressed out, tired, and drained. 

As soon as we stepped foot onto our resort I felt the stress melt away. No phone calls, no emails, no worrying about work or what's for dinner, when my next shot is, what the next step in the fertility process will be... all gone. Pure bliss replaced.

I am a big fan of getting away. I really like the 7-7-7 principle. Jacob and I have tried to use this in our marriage to keep up closer together, keep communication open and keep our love tanks full.  The concept is every 7 days go on a date night, every 7 weeks go on a weekend vacation, and every 7 months go on a big vacation.

We have been blessed this year with getting to go on a lot of work/play vacations. It's definitely God knowing best because with all the emotional stress in the past year I've needed to get away and just be with my husband more than usual. So thank you Jesus!

I have spent a lot of time the past 6 months praying for peace and understanding. Giving my troubles and stresses to God. I am so thankful He is faithful to take care of his children. To bless us with rest and rejuvenation.  To allow me to cast my fears and anxieties upon Him, and to enjoy a week with my husband living life to the fullest!


More Pictures To Come!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Tiff!!! I've missed you but am SO SO SO glad you got rested and rejuvenated. That sounds lovely :) ...that 7-7-7 theory sounds pretty darn good to me, G and I need to implement that!