Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Marriage Edition

Show Me A Marriage With Humor
And I'll Show You A Healthy Marriage


I haven't done a marriage edition for awhile! I try to write things/conversations/instances down as they happen with Jacob and I but too many times I forget!  
Here are a few funny instances that I do remember!  Most of the time these are NOT funny at the time, but looking back they make me laugh.
Enjoy! 
And you all know you do have these conversations with your husbands too! :o)


Marriage Edition #1:
Jacob: "We are going to have big children. Looking at our genes, our odds are pretty much in favor of that."

Me: "Umm... your mom and sister are small, so is most of your family except your grandpa is tall. My grandma was petite, my other grandma was short, I'm smaller....

Jacob: "You're not small."

Me:" WHAT?!"

Jacob: " Uhh...You're built stockier ya know?

Me: " No, I dont know!"

Jacob: " I mean like tall... athletic."

Me: "Oh yeah. Stocky... tall... same thing. Wow."

 Does it seem that the more time you're married the less tactful "we" get? I think so! I say "we" so I dont get in trouble later. hee hee.

Marriage Edition #2:
Jacob: "Why does your pee smell horrible? Maybe the asparagus? Oh wait... I just farted."

Seriously? Such a typical man... gross!!

Marriage Edition #3:
Jacob: "I'm a big man! I make our king size bed look like a child's!"

This just plain makes me laugh! 

Marriage Edition #4:
The two of us are lying in bed the night before my surgery:
Me: "My last wish is to not have you fart anymore. (after recent incidents, for lack of a better word!lol)
~Long Pause~
Jacob: "That's your last wish?"

And really, it is a serious wish of mine. Maybe not my dying wish... but I think I have this conversation with him on a daily basis. Is that normal? :o)



“Marriage: A legal or religious ceremony by which two persons of the opposite sex solemnly agree to harass and spy on each other for ninety-nine years, or until death do them join.” 
-Elbert Hubbard

All kidding aside...I still love you babe. 

2 comments:

Carlia said...

hilarious! i LOVE this post! i harp on B about the gas thing, too. he says that when he's in rhode island during the week, he never has gas. it's just when he comes home on the weekends. he says i bring it out of him. ha ha!

Tiffany said...

Oh good- I'm glad I'm not the only one! haha!