Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Conversations at the pool

I'm inherently a quiet person. Shy. Not very talkative. I'd rather observe and listen. I'm not usually the one carrying a conversation. That's just the way I am.
Somehow when I'm out in public I attract strangers that ARE talkative. They want to tell me their life story and know all about mine. Maybe it's because they sense I'll listen to them- who knows! And most of the time I dont mind listening to someone talk about how they just had a hip-replacement and want to lose 100 lbs, or what book they just finished, or what college scouts have been pestering them to go to their school... and then there's the times when I just want to go do my workout in the pool, in peace. 

Here are some questions I've had lately at the pool:

  1. Are you a stay at home mom? (I've actually been told I "look" like a mom since I was in High School. Don't really know what that means!)
  2. Do you have a boyfriend? (Ha! I wish I still looked like I was in High School)
  3. Are you going to have kids? My answer: Yes  --  Their Replies: "Oh, well you'll be sorry!" "There goes all your money"  -- To that I reply in my head, "Ha! You have NO idea about there goes all your money when it comes to kids."
  4. Do you like Justin Bieber   (I just find this hilarious. And No I dont!)
 I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting! I tend to block out most of the jib jab and focus on working out. But somethings you just can't forget!  Jacob tells me I should try reverse psychology when people ask if I plan on having kids.  You know, tell them "No, I really don't think we will." Then they will likely say, "Oh you will be missing out, they are such a blessing!"  Hee hee. I think he's right! :o)



On another note, I made these tacos Monday and they are DELICIOUS. 
You can find the recipe here:
Lime Chicken Taco Recipe

 http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/01/lime-chicken-tacos.html
The homemade marinade makes all the difference! 

No comments: