Friday, May 27, 2011

Umm.. thanks for telling me doc!

So I had my 1 month post op appointment yesterday.  Left at 11:00 am and got home a little after 4:00 pm. I realize it takes 45 minutes to get there, and 45 minutes to get back... but the 3 hours in the office waiting is really just unnecessary! I dont know how people who don't have flexible schedules deal with it! You pretty much have to take the day off when you have an appt. And if you go 4-5 times a month (like we do when we're doing treatments) it can get crazy! I sympathized in the waiting room with a couple that was there for the first time. I watched them getting really irritated and antsy and asking the receptionist how long the wait was going to be... so then I told them that it's just the price you pay to see Dr.O. They lived an hour away too and they were not happy with the waiting. But I told them Dr.O was worth the wait.

I'd better be right...

So here's the down low on the appointment:

1.  My incisions are healing nicely (see below) Sorry if you're creeped out by it. I'm just amazed at how small they are! This was the left side one, which was the worst one.










2. I can resume my normal activities. Well... he said so, the med student told me I shouldnt be doing strenuous/heavy weight lifting.  Difference between men and women I guess. "Take it easy" vs "You're fine".

3. I have to stay on the Lupron shots for the full six months

4. I will continue to have cramping/spotting for the entire six months.... ggrreat.

5. He re-iterated the fact that my endometriosis was REALLY bad.  He said, "there was adhesion's everywhere! It was really bad." That doesn't make me feel better Doc! But nonetheless, i'm thankful it got taken out.

6. There is a chance that the endometriosis will continue to grow/come back.

7. Which is why we will start fertility treatments again immediately after month 6.

8. He mentioned the tube on my left side was blocked with adhesion's. Umm.. What?! How did anyone FAIL to mention that to me after the surgery?! That was news to me! I was like, "What?! Blocked?!" That explains a lot. Kinda hard for those swimmers to get through a blocked tube!

9. Due to the blockage, (which was removed during surgery) i'll have to do an HSG Procedure at the end of the 6 months to see if it's all cleared still. I was really hoping to skip this test, and thought i was in the clear since they did it during surgery. Dang blockage! I've heard this test is not pleasant and kinda painful. Uggh.

10. He re-assured me that I'm still young at 27, and he has high hopes that we will be successful in getting pregnant.  Well i'll be 28 by the time we can start up the treatments again. It may seem young to everyone else, but 28 seems old to me. Aww. Oh well. God knows.


"The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You."
 
Psalm 9:9-10


1 comment:

Candice Pedro said...

Aw girly... I have been thinking about the two of you since the day I saw you at the Dr's office. What an experience you've been through! I know greatness will come of it in the end... in whatever form it might be. LOVE the blog. Oh and 28 is NOT old. I figure it will be far after 28 for me. First things first :) Look at all you and Jacob have gotten to do though. What an exciting road you two are on. Glad to see you're healing up and thinking of you through the rest of your journey.