Sunday, May 1, 2011

On the Road to Recovery

Me before being wheeled into surgery! 
I was on the "happy juice" and couldn't get my hat on by myself! :o)


Sorry if you think this is gross... but this is the cyst they took out of me!

Along with the cyst, they took out an extensive amount of endometriosis. Dr. O was very optimistic that this will help us tremendously in our journey to becoming parents! Since the Endometriosis was worse than expected, I will be on Lupron shots. I think he said for 6 months, but I was still on anesthesia and morphine when everyone was explaining what's next. I'll find out more during my post-op appointment next week. 

I have to say, Kadlec was a GREAT hospital. I had a great experience, the nurses and doctors were all very caring and efficient. Such a nice change from our local hospital!

After I was out of recovery, they wheeled me out to our car (on loan from my parents since we just sold our mustang) and me, Jacque, and Jacob took off to head home making a pit stop at McDonald's so they could eat. I was doped up on morphine still... and our car DIED in the drive-thru at McDonald's! I couldn't believe it! I really didnt care because I was pretty much asleep, but it was pretty comical. Thank goodness my parents were still close behind, we all had to pile into the suburban! 

Anyway, I'm doing well! Sore and still very, very sleepy. My 3 incisions are so little~ and there's no stitches! They glued me up! I'm curious to see if there will be any scarring.

I'll update again after Post-Op appointment with more details!
Thanks again for all your prayers and support!

1 comment:

Carlia said...

i'm so glad it went so well! take care of yourself!