Sunday, September 23, 2012

7 Years Together

Today is our 7 year anniversary! 


Wow... 7 years. Seems like a long time when you say it. We've actually been a couple for 11 years. 

My how the time does fly. I remember our first date at a little tiny ice cream shop next to our school when I was 16 (Jacob was 15 so I had to pick him up-ha!). It was true love from then on.

I can also remember how we did all sorts of weird things that young love birds do (that I think are disgusting now) like drink from the water fountain then spit it into the other persons mouth as we were kissing. Seriously? Why? And who does that? Twitterpated teenagers I suppose. We loved to race eachother around town in our cars, mine was a 96 Geo Prism that was more like a go cart on crack, and he had a 1977 280 Z. Funny thing was, my little prism would beat that old race car 9 time out of 10! Ha!

I have a picture of Jacob wearing my two piece swimsuit. We were about the same size back then- super skinny! I would share it but its probably not that appropriate. :o)

I dyed his hair blonde. We'd spend hours riding four wheelers, rat stomping, and hanging out eating mounds of junk food like cheese sticks and cookies and pop. I loved watching his soccer games, and he would always write me notes before my golf tournaments. Rarely could you find us apart. We had such a great time growing up together.

Not much has changed since then {although for the time being with little mister it's slightly different}, we dont like being apart long, you can find us hanging out getting some grub on the weekends, going out golfing, taking a nap together... although now we can't fit into the same clothes and I certainly would never spit into his mouth NOR think it was very funny if he did the same to me. Lol!

We've seen each other through good times and bad~ school, jobs, friendships gained and lost, the loss of grandparents, sicknesses, home remodels, amazing vacations, infertility, and our latest adventure...parenthood.

Here's to another trip around the sun with you by my side babe! Happy Anniversary!

My 18th Birthday

17 Years old. Being dumb! Haha! 




Wedding Day!




No comments: