Sunday, September 25, 2011

You're Still The One I Love~ Marriage Edition!

We made it 6 years! I thought about doing a mushy, I love you babe, kind of post, I thought it would be fun to where with you all some of the "funnier" things we've endured to get to this point!  Plus, I recently got a request for more of our "Marriage Edition" posts, AND I thought it fitting that when we first started dating about 11 years ago, no one thought we would make it. Well... here we are!

Ok so I guess I'll throw in a little mushiness...  I DO love this song.  Looks like we made it babe! And after all this time, you're still the one I love.   :)




 MARRIAGE EDITION: 
The {not so romantic} side of marriage. 

We're all a little weird.  And life is a little weird.  And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love.  ~Robert Fulghum, True Love

 It all started in High School.  We were rebellious little things. Cruising around in Jacob's old blue 280Z. My parents didn't really like him. My friends were unsure about him, his about me. We dated under the radar~ but it was no use. We were hooked on each other. Yes, our first kiss was at Youth Group. (gasp!) And yes, our friend Bryce was trying to make sure we weren't sneaking off together but he caught us kissing. Haha! Ahh good memories. We did weird things like put dead rats in each others cars, dye each others hair, skip class just to be together, spit water into each others mouth... {gross}...

Oh wait... I'm supposed to be talking about the crazy side of relationships. Back to that.

  • When we graduated Jacob moved to Texas. I ran after his car, bawling, telling him we were supposed to get married. {something out of a movie right?} Well, he said, "No we're not."Ha! Showed you sucka! :o)
  • I found the letter I wrote to him from that year-- I dont think I sent it to him. I was trying to be really mean, but I'm laughing now that I'm reading it. 
  • Jacob used to find random cards at someones house to give to me on special occasions. Such as a Thomas Kinkade looking Christmas card that he gave me for Valentine's Day. It read May Christmas Valentines Day bring Friends to your fireside, happiness to your heart and good health throughout the new year day. ( X outs courtesy of Jacob Neighbors.)Yes, I do have some of these saved. 
  • Our pet names for each other are "wey". Dont ask. But we forever cannot refrain from calling each other that. It just stuck.
  • I found a letter from our junior year he wrote to me, making fun of how I wear "30 layers of clothing." I think just this morning he made a comment about my layering tendencies! Some things never change.
  • I also found a letter from our first year or marriage with Jacob apologizing for lashing out on me- telling me he wanted me to pay rent. LOL! Wow, I dont even remember that conversation/fight. Those first two years we had some priceless fights. We still laugh about them. So those of you just entering in: don't worry, it's normal. :o)
  •  Ok so I might have a slight issue with apologizing. What? I'm working on it!
  • He threw me out of a golf cart once, on accident, and is now forever paranoid it will happen again and I'll never forgive him. 
  • We both got the flu on our 1st anniversary and spent it in bed
  • Jacob got so tired of me locking him out of our first house, that when we moved he installed a key less entry. Haha! I wouldn't lock him out now. :o) I've come a long way in 6 years!
  • In our first house he also, excuse my language, sharted, in the shower. I vowed NEVER take a bath in there again and was completely repulsed. And I literally never did.
  • We have an ongoing battle about yard work...
  • We also have an ongoing battle about how to split up the housework...
  • Anyone else struggle with keeping the toilet seat down? Seriously, falling into the toilet at 2 am is NOT fun
  • We can't play fight- someone always gets hurt. (*cough, Jacob, cough*) :o)
  • And yes, I have literally knocked him out. On accident of course!
  • I was just getting him back for punching me in the face on our honeymoon
  • Did I mention he has some sleep walking/talking issues? Lol!

I could probably go on and on. We have so many funny stories from our trials and stumbles through marriage, but I'll save more for another day.

The bottom line is: We've come a long way on this journey, thank goodness. I love you for it all.
And I think we should have a reality show...we could have a hit!

2 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys sound perfect for each other! Keep having fun...

Lindsay said...

you two are AWESOME together - God knew (and knows) what he was (is) doing! Love you both ~