Sunday, September 18, 2011

Friends: the most important ingredient in this recipe of life



 I've been wanting to write this post for awhile now, but last night I was reminded of how much friends really mean to me, and how much my friendship can mean to someone else. 6 years ago I struggled with being lonely while all my friends were away at college. I'd just gotten married, the first of our friends, and really missed having those friendships on a daily basis.  I remember numerous occasions praying for God to bring them back into my life.  And here I am, 6 years later, most of those friends are near again and I could not be happier. Friends really do bring healing to your soul. They bring joy to your life. Laughter. Tears. Stories. Prayers. Memories.

It doesnt matter if they live close, as I've learned. It's nurturing the relationship, not letting the daily life issues get in the way of a telephone call (or skype date!) to check in, or to say a quick hello, or a card in the mail.  Those little things in a friendship make all the difference in the world. And often times I find a friend will call me at the exact right time, when I need her the most.

I love the lyrics to this song:

You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who your friends are


My friendships mean more to me than I can ever put into words. My life would not be the same without them, and I truly do thank Jesus that He gave me such wonderful women to share life with.
I LOVE YOU DEARLY MY FRIENDS!
(and sorry if I didn't have pictures with all you)









No comments: