Friday, April 22, 2011

The Countdown Has Begun!

Today--Good Friday--marks one week until my surgery! I'm starting to get nervous now. This is why I wanted to do it right away and jumped at the chance to fill in a cancellation (see April Fool's Day post). I wouldn't have had time to be nervous. That's how I like to do things like this--schedule it right away and get it over with otherwise I will fret about it.

Well I made it about a month and a half without fretting. I've been excited mostly. Now I'm nervous and wanting to get on with it! No thanks to {my wonderful} husband who started asking those stupid "what-if" questions last night. "Why would you ask that to a hypochondriac?" I asked. He just laughed and laughed. Yeah... keep laughing buddy! You'll be in the hospital next. :o) haha.  

Today I have an appointment with my regular family Dr. to discuss recent bloodwork about my thyroid. I wanted to get his opinion on the results before my surgery. Then Tuesday my pre-op appointment!

The rest of today's plans: 
Booking a trip to Florida (yay!)
Coloring eggs with niece and nephew
Good Friday service
{maybe}seeing Water for Elephants
Enjoy the sunshine                                     


Here's some pictures from Duke's 6th Birthday on Wednesday. I always get him toys and make him treats! He's so spoiled. I put Happy Birthday to him on Facebook and Jacob says "Duke gets more Happy Birthday's than I do!" Haha!


 This was his favorite toy!


{Happy Good Friday!} 
"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.'"
- John 11:25-26

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Praying for peace for you Tiff ~

May your Easter weekend be filled with blessings ~

A m a n d a said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog about my Ampa. I was so sorry to hear about both your grandparents..that must have been so hard.

Good luck with your surgery this Friday! xo