Tuesday, January 15, 2013

6 Months~ Happy {half} Birthday!

Jack turned six months old January 9!

Happy {Half} Birthday Little Man! I can't believe I have a SIX month old! You are just the cutest darned thing and I thank God every day that he allowed me to be your mama. These past two months with you have been so great and fun. We are finally in a routine, you are sleeping and giving mom a break, I feel human again and you are much happier! Life is going full speed and it's only gonna get faster. Trying to cherish every moment I have with you as my baby boy.




SIX MONTHS OLD
  • You weigh 16 lbs, 12 oz (apparently my scale at home is a bit off compared to the doctors office since last month I thought you weighed 17 lbs!)
  • You are in the 30% percentile for weight and 50% for height.
  • You started CRAWLING two days ago after your doctors visit (Jan.10!)
  • 3 days after that you started trying to pull yourself up on things and by Jan. 15 you pulled yourself up on the step in our living room and stood up by yourself-no hands! Scared the living daylights out of me! I caught you before you fell backwards. :o)
  • You are very chatty
  • You love to bounce and will bounce on anyone, on anything, and especially like your johnny jump up
  • Are currently still taking 3 naps a day but that may be changing soon I have a feeling
  • You still don't sleep very well at night~ you are very restless
  • I was letting you sleep in our bed ( I know, bad habit) and you scoot yourself onto my pillow every time. My king size bed feels like a toddler bed when I'm laying next to you since you take up the whole bed. 
  • We started leaving you in your crib all night and letting you cry yourself back to sleep this month. We started January 10 and you've done surprisingly well! 
  • You go back to sleep faster if your daddy goes in and pats your back and shush's you back to sleep.
  • You started going to a babysitter twice a week for a couple hours this month while mommy is back at work. You seem to love it!
  • You are obsessed with your bouncy chair and try to climb in in all the time
  • Love baby Einstein videos
  • You are also obsessed with your binky's still and put them in and out of your mouth constantly
  • You love your dog Duke
  • You like going for stroller rides and have been out a few times when its not too freezing cold 
  • You're constantly putting things in your mouth
  • You like to be singed and rocked to sleep
  • You eat cereal, sweet potatoes, prunes, peaches, pears, squash...we haven't found anything you wont eat yet
  • You like to be loud and silly
  • You are very social
  • Which also means you are very needy at home with mom~ wanting constant attention and interaction :o)
  • You smile at everyone
  • You always smile when dad walks in the door
  • Can say mama and dada 
  • Have started to give hugs and kisses
  • Started this month to cry and yell when changing your diaper- do not know what that's about!
  • You put your hand up on the crib railing when you cry to get out so I have a feeling we will need to be lowering your bed soon
  • I love to snuggle you when you are asleep (since you aren't really a big cuddler when you are awake)
  • The Circle of Life song from Lion King calms you down and makes you smile every time. Kind of a random thing since you've never watched it and we dont have anything Lion King themed around the house!
  • Are growing too fast!!!




2 comments:

Jonny and Brittany said...

I can't believe he is standing on his own already!!!! That is amazing at 6 months FOR REAL! He is a doll!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Wow - 6 months old already! He is so cute!!!